In announcement that should have the Tablet PC world buzzing, today at CES2011 Motion Computing have announced a new Lightweight Rugged Tablet PC designed for business – the CL900.
We’ve been waiting for a respected company with a strong brand to re-embrace the Tablet form factor introduced with the HP TC1100 and Motion LS800. Austin, Texas based Motion Computing are best placed to meet the needs of this market with their experience as the largest manufacturer of Windows Slate Tablet PCs for business.
The new CL900 utilizes a brand new chipset from Intel called Oak Trail giving it an 8 hour battery life with Dual Core processing performance.
Important things that you’ll want to know about the Motion CL900:
- Includes N-Trig Active Digitizer Pen and 4 point multi-touch screen
- Rugged – Gorilla Glass, MIL810G Drop and IP52 ratings!
- Weighs around 900 grams
- 8 hour battery life
- 10.1” wide screen with HD 1366×768 pixel resolution
- 3G Mobile Broadband and GPS via optional Gobi 3000 module
- Pricing from under US$1,000 – Australian pricing to be confirmed.
The new CL900 is expected in Australia around March this year. It is the small, lightweight companion tablet that many of us have been waiting or since the HP TC1100 and the Motion LS800!
We will be taking pre-orders of this tablets as early shipments will be sold out. We’ll let you know once we have pricing and ETA.
Stay tuned, for our announcement video shortly!