If you’re a builder, tradie, estimator, quantity surveyor or a contractor, being able to read and MEASURE your plans is a critical skill! But if your measurements require a scale ruler, then you need some help!
Measuring plans manually creates duplication of effort, even wasted effort as you measure and re-measure and check again. We open ourselves up to transcription errors, scale errors, lost data, and the lost time that comes from all of that double handling.
Bluebeam Revu can help you tackle the challenge of measuring plans through its powerful, digital, measurement capabilities. In Bluebeam Revu 20 you can measure with PDF files as if they were in a CAD program. Revu has features that allow you to:
- Set the scale of a drawing or a part of that drawing
- Calculate Length
- Measure Areas and also cut out sections from existing areas
- Calculate Poly length – measure segments of a continuous line and also the total length of the line
- Use dynamic fill, a great tool that lets you ‘flood an area’ to make measuring the area of complex shapes easy
- Find Perimeter
- Get Diameter and Radius
- Measure Angles
- Calculate Volumes
- Count objects – using counters or using visual search
Measurements can be assigned properties, perhaps a cost per unit or even a weight per unit, and you can even produce calculations right from the PDF drawing without duplicating any effort or data!
Retire your scale ruler. Go digital and save time with Bluebeam Revu 20! Download our free 30 day trial and speak to our team at Tablet PC today to see how Bluebeam Revu and the measurement tools can help you.