Thanks to Brett Gross of Motion Computing Australia we had our first hands on with the upcoming Motion Computing CL900 this week.
The CL900 will break new ground for work Tablet PCs in Australia. While other manufacturers see Tablet devices as simply viewers, Motion Computing has always pushed the boundaries of real productivity.
The CL900 and other Motion Tablets like the J3500 and F5v are designed to allow you to create and capture data wherever you are – On the job, on site, in the office, on the street, in the field, on the road. The provision of both four point multi-touch and a smart Active Digitizer pen allow you to do things like:
- Taking fluid handwritten notes – your handwritten notes are searchable too
- Converting your handwriting to text – now or later
- Scribble on you PDFs, Word Documents and Excel spread sheets
- Draw on PowerPoint slides during a presentation
- Annotate and mark up drawings, screenshots and diagrams
- Draw your own designs and sketches wherever you are!
Ultimately, a device like this gives you access to all of the fastest and most convenient methods of input for mobile devices.
What you can expect to see on the Motion CL900:
- Corning Gorilla Glass
- 4 point finger touch and an Active Digitizer (Smart Pen)
- Wide viewing – outdoor readable screen
- Gobi 3000 Mobile Broadband – Fast 3G with any carrier – Telstra Next G, Optus, Vodafone
- Up to 8 hour battery life
- Desktop docking station and other work ready peripherals like payment modules and scanners.
The CL900 is due to arrive in Australia sometime in April, so this is a pre-production example. Brett was kind enough to give us an exclusive interview with the CL900 in Syndey on Monday!
Official pricing and stocked options for the Motion CL900 are still coming. Stay tuned for that and some more videos soon!